I’m back, from the Easter long weekend, and do I ever feel refreshed! At work today, I felt like I could take on anything, and I was nice and busy all day long! Tomorrow, I have 2 meetings to attend, and then another one on Thursday, that I have to prepare an agenda for. This is what I envisioned office life to be, and I’m glad that things are finally working out. Now that I’ve been there for 6 months, they’re starting to trust me with stuff, which means I can take on a lot more. This is great, because there’s nothing I hate more than a day with nothing to do at work… it just seems so unproductive and pointless. Anyways, I’d better not get my hopes up too much, cause I can sense that there might be a lull…

At home, things are fine. Neko and Priya are doing wonderfully, considering how hostile Neko was at the beginning. It’s been one month since this has become a two-kitteh apartment. I just have to get used to coming home to a door that won’t open, because the cats jammed the doormat up against it, the kitchen runner in disarray, and coins/pens/receipts/any small object that was on the counter, on the floor. They make up for it with their¬†cuteness though.

Hottie and I were busy this weekend, doing all kinds of things on his 2 days off (I had all 4 off, lucky me!). On Saturday night, we went clubbing at Parliament… they have the best house/electro in all of Ottawa. We got there too early though, at 21:45. It’s just that last time, we got there for 23:00, and had to wait outside for 1/2 hour, then we paid this random guy 20$ each, and he got us in…weird. This time, we were the first ones there. I’d like to get out more often, but none of my friends like dance clubs (and they say I’m the dull one, eh!).

Sunday afternoon, we drove around in Quebec, and then Hottie pressured me to go “go-karting” with him. I really didn’t want to, but he paid, so I tried it…overrated! It’s dirty (you have to put on these prison jumpsuit things, that are all greasy and worn by others, same goes for the helmets), loud as hell (cause the engine, which resembles a boat motor, is on your right, and they don’t have transmissions. So, the faster you go, the louder it gets), and smelly (see previous note about engines, and you’re sucking in the carbon monoxide from karts passing you). We were the only ones on the track, so it wasn’t that bad, but those things are so damn hard to handle…I almost spun out in all the corners, so instead of doing a normal turn, I would speed up into the corner, then crank the steering all the way to the side, and “drift” through. That made it a little easier for me, but I found out after that I was blocking Hottie from passing me in certain places. Nice improvised tactic. I’m usually not competitive, so I was going slow, but when it comes to my Hottie, then I am. He started showing off by speeding past me and making me breathe his exhaust, so I showed him! I ended up beating him (and almost killing myself… the good thing about all that noise is that no one can hear you scream…I scream like Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, and no one needs to hear that). So, here I am, protecting the world from another showoff…

Well, that was my weekend, and my first day back at work, how was yours?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: